Gingerbread for breakfast...

Hi there!  I'm back again, after the most wonderful time with family over the holidays!  And I have layouts to share from those days already!  This might just be a personal record!  

We spent part of New Years Eve building gingerbread houses.  One for each couple to work on.


I printed these photos in black and white, because they were taken indoors, at night, with incandescent lighting - never a good way to get a stellar photograph.



I used the Cabin Fever line from Carta Bella even though I'm not much one for "themed" paper lines. But this one is just so lovely with it's rustic, homespun colors, and multiple occasion icons, like sleds and snowshoes and cabins and moose and bears!  I can think of so many activities to document with this scrapbook line!


The next morning, I woke up and looked out the window to see that overnight, our gingerbread houses had become a village in the meadow outside! 


It. was. so. cute!  

So we took some photos to remember it by and then brought them back inside to eat for breakfast.

For this layout I used the line called A Perfect Winter by Echo Park.  It's another one that I just couldn't pass up, with it's lighter colors of red, teal, navy and kraft, and cheery images of snowmen, cups of hot chocolate, mittens, owls AND a super cute polar bear.  (And I just happen to know a little grandson who will be soon turning a year and having a polar bear birthday party!)



I added some subtle dimension to this layout by using some clear gel medium with a snowflake stencil, and then brushing on some distress oxide ink colors after it had dried.  

There are more photos and how-to details over on the Love is in the Details blog.  If you're interested, click on over there to see more.


Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful week!


Comments

Popular Posts