Concord and 9th....

You guys!!  Something so exciting!!  Several weeks ago, Concord and 9th reached out and invited me to guest design for them for the month of October and after I picked my chin up off the floor I practically tripped over myself to say YES!  You can bet I looked completely cucumber cool while doing so!!  *laughing/crying emoji here*

So they sent me a whack of product (the entire month's release) and I got to play!!  There are so many great designs, well thought out stamps and coordinating dies and today is the first Feature Friday where I get to show you some stuff!  

Concord & 9th has been doing this thing for awhile and I had yet to have a chance to try it - but it's their Turnabout stamps.  This week we're showcasing the Christmas Cheer Turnabout and the matching Ribbon Banner.  You place the stamp in the MISTI and turn your paper 4 times to get the full, all-over design.  This allows you to stamp in a different color each time or to just create a background paper, like I did, with just one color.

For this first one, I stamped with Versamark onto watercolor paper and clear heat embossed so that the images would only show up after I water colored over them.  It's a very fun technique that requires no precision whatever, lol!

Next, I stamped and white heat embossed on kraft card stock and then colored in the images with white colored pencil.  I die cut the ribbon banner from both the card front and a piece of teal card stock, stamped the sentiment (and there are a variety to choose from) and inserted the die cut into the negative space in the card front.

This one might be both the simplest, and my most favorite!  I just stamped with black ink, layered it onto a red card front and matched it up with a red stamped ribbon banner.  Three little enamel dots and BAM.

And finally.  Some monochromatic brown tone on tone for a deliciously classy look!  I die cut an additional banner from vellum for a legit "shadowed" look and added a gold leaf and some paper flowers from Prima.  Cuz I can be fancy like that.  Plus a square card is extra posh, am I right?

I'll be back again next Friday with more cards.  There'll be a cool ornament stamp and die set that I'm just dying to show you!  

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm so glad you came!



SaveSave

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Norine! I can sure see why they asked you to guest design for them! You sold me! Your cards are ALL spectacular! I love that you're a hard worker and showed us all these possibilities, each one as awesome as the one before!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts